Copyright Complaint Policy
Media Genesis, Inc. Copyright Complaint Notice
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by this site, www.mediag.com (the “Site”) infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Media Genesis, Inc. (“Media Genesis”, “we”, “us”, “our”) a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked (see 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3) for further detail). The notice must include ALL of the following:
- An electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive copyright that has allegedly been infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Media Genesis to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Media Genesis to contact you (the “Complaining Party”), such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the Complaining Party may be contacted.
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is the owner, or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In addition, if you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) permits you to send us counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the notice requirements of the DMCA, your notice may not be valid. One place to find more information is the U.S. Copyright Office Web site, currently located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright.
In accordance with the DMCA, Media Genesis has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement. Any written Notification of Claimed infringement should comply with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A) and should be provided in writing to our designated agent as follows:
Media Genesis, Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
1441 E. Maple, Suite 200
Troy, MI 48084
We encourage you to consult a lawyer before submitting a notice of copyright infringement. Copyright laws may allow a person to use a work in certain ways without the copyright owner’s permission. Please note that Section 512(f) of the DMCA states that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents in a DMCA notice that content is infringing shall be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer.