In the early 2000s, Citizens Bank was the largest bank holding company headquartered in Michigan. Founded in Flint in 1871, Citizens Bank was one of Michigan’s oldest banks and provided the loan to W.C. Durant who founded a vehicle manufacturing company that later became General Motors.
“Call it Home” Initiative
As part of a $1.6 million grant program, Citizens Bank, along with Mayor Dave Bing and the Detroit Works Project, launched the “Call It Home” initiative, an urban renewal initiative that offers grants for exterior home improvement in the city of Detroit. We were called upon to brand, design, and build the website for the initiative and to create a portion of the signage featured at the press conference.
- Designed a website banner that portrayed the Renaissance Center as a shining castle in the middle of a hopeful city, inspired by the Wizard of Oz
- Ensured the website promoted home exterior improvement grants, home purchase loans, home refinance loans, and home improvement loans to specific areas within Wayne County
- Balanced the interests of the two stakeholders involved: Citizens Bank and Detroit Works
- Designed maps and signage for the press conference in Detroit with Mayor Bing
- Designed website forms detailing the initiative that allowed individuals to apply for grants and loans through the program