Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions You Can Accomplish with Technology
This far into the new year, our resolutions begin to be tested – what ones are we keeping and what has already fallen to the wayside? While the pandemic has made the past year difficult for us all, it has had some unique consequences on technology; mainly, the speed at which technology on the whole has been forced to expand and evolve. To make your resolutions easier to keep, we took a look at the five most popular new year’s resolutions and how you can achieve them using technology!
- Exercise / Lose Weight – Smartwatches and other wearable technologies can help you track your progress, count your steps, and measure the distance you’ve traveled during your workout. Or, if you prefer to stay indoors, home gym equipment like the Peloton series – equipped with live, digital dashboards – are paving the way for the next generation of home exercise while keeping you motivated.
- Eat Better / Cook More – Modern kitchen gadgets allow you to measure the freshness of your produce, develop grocery lists from magnets you place on your fridge, turn on your slow cooker with your smartphone, and operate timers remotely so cooking and healthy living is not only convenient, it’s easy.
- Learn a New Skill / Hobby – Self-improvement websites and apps are incredibly useful for learning skills, expanding your education, or adopting a new hobby. Everything can be done from home, so you can learn at your own pace. Like a little bit more motivation? Compete against friends and family to enhance your learning experience. Take courses on subjects that actually interest you – everything from writing song lyrics to navigating without a phone; there is truly a class for everyone.
- Save Money – Improve your budget skills with programs you can have on your computer or your phone. See where you spend, how much, and develop savings plans. You can also make money by selling or recycling older tech gadgets you’re no longer using. Interested in cutting down on your bills? Home gadgets like smart thermostats can help you save money over time.
- Reduce Stress – 2020 was a hard year, and with so many questions still unanswered, reducing stress is a major goal for many people. For this, we suggest exploring apps. Meditation apps can help you parse out a moment of calm in your busy day, while other organizational apps such as to-do lists, grocery and meal planning, and family chore organizers can help you stay on top of your responsibilities at work and at home.